Adam Christians GDS 102

January 29th, 2018


I am a fan of going to watch musicals and plays , when I go to these performances I save the brochures that I get from the performances, they look really well made from the outsides and also is really nice to look on the inside, sure there is a lot of ads that are placed in the brochures, but that still doesn't deter from the fact that most of these brochures are made with really high quality.

February 5th, 2018


I found this poster inside the Learning center in the D wing of Parkland college, what I mostly like about this image is that it is able to create something unique and stylish while using a small color pallet. It's only Black, White and Purple, but the way it's all blended together makes for a unique and well made image.

February 11th, 2018


  • This poster I have noticed in a few different spots throughout Parkland. 
  • I've always liked, but never got myself to snag a picture until a couple days ago.
  • What I mostly like about this poster is the style, it definitely pops out very much with it's style and it's colors.
  • The colors are blended together very nice and I love the text, very funky.

February 20, 2018

  • I found this poster on the community board at Panera Bread, what I like about this image is that looks like a great modern interpretation of the classic Disney movie. I has a classic image to it while still looking.
  • A very nice blend of red, white, black and blue

February 26th, 2018


  • This poster is for upcoming basketball games coming soon in the Champaign, Urbana area.
  • I found this poster at the Market Place mall while I was around doing things.
  • What I mostly like about this image is the color and how it all interacts with each other. Most of the background is in the color of orange, with a mostly red color with black shadows for the basketball player.
  • Also the text is very well made giving off a very wild and crazy feel to the image.

March 4th, 2018


  • I found this astronomy poster in the D Wing at Parkland just outside of the library.
  • The way the poster is designed is what caught my attention, the over all color of the poster is very well made together.
  • The color of the text is very well made in contrast with the black background.
  • Also with the red planet is also well contrasted in the poster.

March 15th, 2018


  • This image was found outside of a grocery store near the Lincoln Square Mall in Urbana.
  • What I mostly like about the following image is the simplicity of colors.
  • It's just a simple map of Illinois with only the colors of different shades of green and white.
  • This poster is really unique because of the charm the image is presenting with the fact that they are telling the viewer is that the products that they carry are products that are very fresh.
  • One could call this unorganized because of the different types of fonts that are being used, and while that may make sense, I don't think it really matters in the end. This is still a fun and well made image.

March 17th, 2018


  • What I found this week was a design for the Black Dog Smoke & Ale House.
  • This is quite a cool company logo the use of Broadway style type for Black Dog.
  • The design of the dog & flames is also quite fun to look at, it's like this is a hard core place to be at, not a place for children and I think that adds a certain feel to the image.
  • This maybe a little simple, but I think that is were this logo gets it's charm from.

April 1st, 2018


  • This window design I found outside in Urbana.
  • What makes this so cool is that it looks like one big gigantic poster, it has quite a unique charm to it with it's type and colors. It's quite a weird design to it.
  • All 3 window designs combine into each other quite well. The clouds in the sky are all transitioning into each other quite well.

April 8th, 2018


  • Kind of a weird design I choose here. This was something I found outside the Lincoln Square Mall.
  • This is a simple message about Yoga and it presented a lot of the different types of synonyms that are associated with Yoga. 
  • You can see though the glass window design, and that is what creates part of the charm here as you see the words through the design.

April 15th, 2018


  • This is a Insurance design that I found scouting around in Urbana.
  • What I mostly like about this design is the color and structure.
  • The gold looking text and etc design on the sign with the blue colored background is quite nice.
  • I definitely see a great level of professionalism here in this sign and I hope that this gives some more attention to the company.

April 21st, 2018


  • This is a sign I found for the Sweet-corn Festival for this year. 
  • It has a simplistic design consisting of Green and yellow for the coloring, with black text.
  • I say it does a great job with a simplistic design.

April 30th, 2018


  • This is a sign I found outside that has some good idea's with the way the C's are incorporated.
  • This was a sign I found while I was out scouting in Urbana
  • I do have my own little issue with the font's on the children's day care center. I feel the font it's self could be changed cause i'm not sure I can't put my finger on it but I feel like the font its self is rather ugly.

Comments

Popular Posts